Signs and Pregnancy Symptoms: Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy; however, one of the most significant pregnancy symptoms is a delayed or missed menstrual cycle. Understanding the signs and symptoms of pregnancy is important because each symptom may be related to something other than pregnancy.
Some women experience pregnancy signs or symptoms of pregnancy within a week of conception. For other women, pregnancy symptoms may develop over a few weeks or may not be present at all. Below is a listing of some of the most common pregnancy signs symptoms. If you have been sexually active and are experiencing any of the following symptoms it is recommended to take a pregnancy test. The follow signs can help determine if you might be pregnant:
However, these signs and symptoms are not exclusive to pregnancy. They could indicate that you are about to get sick or that your period is coming soon. And in some women, pregnancy can occur without any of the later signs and symptoms of pregnancy. But, if you have missed a period, you might want to get a pregnancy test. In addition there might be other symptoms not all women experience that could happen to you.
Make an appointment today at one of our clinics in the Bay Area to get a pregnancy test for free and get questions about your particular case answered, — especially if you’re not keeping track of your menstrual cycle or if it varies widely from one month to the next.
Our trained counselors and nurses provide you support, ample information and counseling if you are pregnant. They can also discuss many other pregnancy symptoms related issues you might be wondering about. First Resort is a Licensed Medical Clinic that can help verify if you are pregnant, and help you with the emotional feelings you might be experiencing as a result of it.
Missed a Period?
While a missed menstrual period is the hallmark of early pregnancy, missing a period can be due to a number of factors and conditions. If you’ve missed a period try not to stress out. However, you’ll want to rule out pregnancy. You do not have to wait until you miss a period if you suspect you are pregnant. To take a pregnancy test, call us at any of the 3 locations nearest you for a same-day appointment and come for a free test. First Resort can help you by administering a free pregnancy test (that is over 99% accurate and performed by a nurse), prior to expecting your period.
We can help you determine if you are experiencing a pregnancy coming in for an appointment at each individual clinic in our 3 Bay area locations. Trained counselors and nurses will answer your questions and address concerns you might have confidentially.
Once you rule out pregnancy you, your missed period may be due to the following:
1. Stress and anxiety – Stress isn’t good for your body, and it can cause you to have delayed ovulation.
2. Excessive weight loss, or weight gain – Losing a substantial amount of weight, or gaining too much weight too quickly can cause you to experience menstrual problems, like a missed period or a delayed period.
3. Contraceptives – Some women who take certain birth control pills don’t have regular periods.
4. Breastfeeding – When you breastfeed exclusively, the hormones that are allowing lactation to occur can block ovulation and your regular menstrual cycle.
5. Eating disorders – When you have excessively low body weight this can interfere with hormonal functions, which might stop ovulation.
6. Rigorous Exercise – Women who participate in activities and sports that require them to undergo rigorous training often experience skipped periods or no periods at all.
7. Medication – There are some medications that can disrupt menstrual cycles.
8. Hormonal imbalance – When you have hormonal problems, it can change the levels of hormones that your body requires to support ovulation and the menstruation process.
9. Problems with your thyroid
10. Uterine scarring – If your uterus is scarred from disease or medical procedures, this can prevent the normal buildup and shedding of the uterine lining common to a regular menstrual cycle.
You can also go to our Ask The Doctor section to get answers to other questions related to pregnancy. If you would like to speak to one of our counselors about your pregnancy related questions, please call our clinic and make an appointment. Get your questions answered by someone who cares about you and your health.
First Resort is a 501 (c)(3) California public benefit, non profit organization. See what clients are saying about First Resort, our services & support.
For information about our services or to make an appointment call one of our three Licensed Medical Women’s Health Clinics today!